- Identification cards (passport, license, SSN, health insurance cards, etc.)
- Bible, pen, and journal
- (optional) One devotional book of your choice
- BONUS: Bring a second copy for our bookshelf!
- Water bottle
- Personal toiletries and bath towel
- Spending Money (optional but recommended for coffee trips, personal driving miles accrued, personal groceries, etc.)
- 2 to 3 Work shirts–long sleeve rec., breathable, water wicking, flannel etc.
- 1 to 2 Work pants–jeans, cargo pants, leggings, etc.
- A pair of gardening gloves
- Ball cap or wide brimmed hat
- Rubber rain boots or work boots (can pack in OR buy on island)
- Rain jacket
- Long socks
- Cleaning clothes–something you’re okay getting ruined, bleached, etc.
- Swimsuits (bring a few, it’s Hawaii!)
- Beach towel
- Sandals (pretty much primary Hawaiian footwear…but we call them slippas)
- T-Shirts and tank tops
- Shorts (activewear, casual, comfy, etc.)
- Pants (sweats, jeans, leggings, etc.)
- Athletic shoes or a Choco/Croc type sandal
(! Leather Birkenstocks are not recommended. They tend to mold quickly and get ruined)
- Light sweater or flannel
- Dress clothes (nice shirt and pants for church, etc.)
- Small backpack or beach bag (for day trips)
- Surf board (if you’ve got a board at home, could be fun to bring but we’ve got some too)
- Board games (we have a lot, but new ones are fun)
- Skateboard (there is a skatepark!)
- Curling irons and straighteners
- Personal Blanket
- Headphones and bluetooth speaker
- Digital/disposable camera
Every intern is strictly limited to 1 carry-on, 1 checked bag, & 1 personal bag. New interns tend to overpack, when thinking about how much to bring, think less is more!
Theres a grocery store 20 minutes from Alohalani that you can go at any time to get snacks (only meals are provided), toiletries, etc.
When you first arrive to Kauai we will pick you up from the airport and take you to Walmart where you can purchase any toiletries, extra clothing items, snacks, etc.